Neville Hobson joins Shel Holtz for the December installment of “The Hobson & Holtz Report.” The stories Neville and Shel covered include…
- The passing of PR fixture Jack O’Dwyer
- Marketers are turning their attention to messaging apps
- Not everyone is free to leave Facebook, even if they want to
- The death of keywords (or is it?) as audiences become key to targeting in search
- Rising Instagram stars post fake sponsored posts to get brands’ attention
- What we learned about GDPR in 2018
- Research reveals how journalists can rebuild trust in media; could it work in business?
- Dan York reports on the Quora data breach, rural connectivity, free (for now) LinkedIn Learning courses, more on Facebook’s woes, Slack banning users with links to Iran, and a new podcast all-in-one mixing desk.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this month’s episode:
- Jack O’Dwyer, Chronicler of PR, Dies
- Going where the customer is: Marketers are coming for messaging apps
- Why Marketers Need to Use Ads in Messaging App
- Tips for Marketing through Messaging Apps
- Why Should Anyone Believe Facebook Anymore?
- Facebook says companies got access to data only after user permission
- NAACP Joins Growing List of Civil Rights Groups Criticizing Facebook
- Facebook’s Sandberg cites need to do more after reports of Russia meddling
- ‘We want these platforms to be healthy’: Why top marketers won’t quit Facebook after 2018 scandals
- ‘They don’t care’: Facebook factchecking in disarray as journalists push to cut ties
- Cost to walk away from Facebook for a year? More than $1,000, new study finds
- Facebook’s Bottomless Pit of Scandals
- he Death Of Keywords As Audiences Become Key To Targeting In Search
- Are Keywords Still Important for SEO?
- Rising Instagram stars are posting fake sponsored posts
- 5 things we learned about GDPR in 2018
- Groundbreaking Research Shows Journalists Can Restore Media Trust
Links from Dan York’s Report
- Quora Security Update
- WordCamp US 2018 and LinkedIn Learning
- Let’s Clear Up a Few Things About Facebook’s Partners
- Facts About Facebook’s Messaging Partnerships
- Literally Just A Big List Of Facebook’s 2018 Scandals
- Apps Are Revealing Your Private Information To Facebook And You Probably Don’t Know It
- Slack is banning some users with links to Iran even if they’ve left the country
- Rodecaster Pro Review: The Podcasting Gamechanger
Introducing the RØDECaster Pro – Podcast Production Studio
(Or download the MP3 file.)