- British Airways management was as unprepared for the iPhone’s AirDrop creating an onboard kerfuffle as flight attendants were
- With the influencer and micro influencer market saturated, marketers now look to nanoinfluencers
- By 2022, most of the skills required for employability will be soft skills
- The length of YouTube videos people will watch on their phones continues to increase
- Gen Z uses text and chat more than any other generation, but how do they feel about new technologies?
- Fake videos have entered the political space; can business be far behind? But new apps can help identify fakes
- Dan York reports on Facebook’s new Lasso app, a Google outage, and “signed exchange”
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this month’s episode
- ‘Unacceptable’: Women Cyberflashed On British Airways Flight Criticise Airline Response
- BA’s lack of cyberflashing policy
- British Airway’s Twitter response to cyberflashing incident
- Are you ready for nanoinfluencers?
- These are the skills to learn for the future of work, according to the World Economic Forum
- The Future of Jobs: World Economic Forum Report (PDF)
- Employers’ top training priority for 2018? Soft skills
- Welcome to the age of the hour-long YouTube video
- Tik Tok App: Google Play | App Store
- Gen Zs use text and chat more than any other generation surveyed” –- Is the future of work here?
- Gen Z moves forecast the future of voice technology
- You thought fake news was bad? Deep fakes are where truth goes to die
- Deepfake-busting apps can spot even a single pixel out of place
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report
- Facebook quietly launches a TikTok competitor app called Lasso
- Monday’s Google outage was a BGP route leak: traffic redirected through Nigeria, China, and Russia
- Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security
- Real URLs for AMP Cached Content Using Cloudflare Workers