- P&G is attempting to trademark common Internet acronyms, including LOL.
- Texting has become a common tool in political campaigns. Will it find its way into marketing?
- Gen Zers will outnumber Millennials within a year. There are implications for communicators.
- Should your company be on IGTV?
- A look at vanished technologies from Gartner’s 2017 hypecycle of emerging technologies.
- Engagement on Facebook is plummeting.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this episode:
- P&G tries to trademark online acronyms
- Text campaigns are changing American politics and nobody’s ready
- Gen Z is Set to Outnumber Millennials Within a Year
- Instagram’s New TV Feature: A Good Idea for Brands?
- What Instagram’s IGTV Can Offer Brands
- Ten examples of brands already CRUSHING IT on IGTV with Vertical Video
- Gartner’s Great Vanishing: Some of 2017’s Emerging Technologies Just Disappeared
- Buffer Analyzes 43 Million Facebook Posts: Facebook Engagement Declines 50 Percent