The January installment of The Hobson & Holtz Report brings Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz together in a long-form podcast that covers a handful of topical issues.
We start with the 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer including the role of influencers as influence marketing efforts move from agencies to in-house departments.
Next, the rise of live-streaming video with 95% of executives planning to use it this year. Then, which pharma companies are winning at social? We look at the results of a survey that ranks the top 22 firms and offers insights into why the leaders are leading.
An upscale US department store is encouraging customers to follow employees’ personal social media accounts. We discuss the pros and cons. Finally, we consider the possibility that we soon will be gesturing at instead of talking to our smart devices (and we add “it depends…” to our views on the likelihood of this actually happening any time soon).
Dan York’s tech report covers Facebook’s effort to attract gamers, Facebook’s public library of video and audio effects, and artificial intelligence’s role in video surveillance.
We also responded to a couple of listener comments.
Links from this episode
- The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer
- Trust in U.S. institutions plunges in Trump’s first year
- Neville and Shel’s February 2009 conversation with Richard Edelman
- Influencers must work hard to earn trust in 2018
- Brands are bringing influencer marketing in-house
- 95% of brand execs say live video is key to their 2018 strategies
- Live streaming as a way to establish your brand on social media
- Which pharma companies are winning at social? Survey says…
- The Pharma Social Media Ranking
- Neiman Marcus Encourages Employees to Interact with Customers on Social Media
- Soon We’ll Control our Devices with our Body Language, Not Our Voice
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report
- Facebook lets you tip game live streams $3+
- Introducing (Facebook’s) Gaming Creator Pilot Program
- Facebook Sound Collection lets you add no-name music to videos
- Introducing new resources and tools for the 360 community on Facebook
- Artificial Intelligence is going to Supercharge Surveillance
- They Are Watching You — and Everything Else on the Planet
- ICE is about to start tracking license plates across the US
(Photo at top by William White on Unsplash)