In the August episode of The Hobson & Holtz Report, Shel and I talked about these topics:
- The Society for New Communications Research has launched an initiative to assess options for the communications industry to address fake news.
- An artificial intelligence bot can detect plagiarism (85% of the time).
- Supporters of US President Donald Trump are amplifying their tweets through a little-known Twitter feature that lets you create and name a Direct Message group.
And let’s talk about that twice-daily folder the president gets filled with only positive coverage about him.
- Agencies are cropping up that focus exclusively on Generation Z.
- The Westin hotel in Buffalo, NY, is putting an Amazon Echo in every room. Ask Alexa for a toothbrush (for example) and a robot named Chip will deliver it.
- Dan York talks about SoundCloud’s reprieve, the new Instagram feature that lets you add somebody else to your livestream (and how communicators might use it), the widespread availability of Facebook Video Covers, and Watch, Facebook’s move into video shows.
Links to the source material for this episode are on Contentle.
(Picture at top via Newsweek.)