Metrics, facts, opinion and forecasts are all part of the fabric of the online experience.
Everywhere you look, you’ll see reports, surveys, infographics and much more web furniture designed to inform, entertain and often sell.
Too often, though, it’s a challenge to use some content that is made publicly available as the creator is unknown and therefore untrusted, sources are not cited, the content isn’t relevant, the information is simply out of date; or, worse, the facts just don’t add up.
But here’s a collection of business, technology and social metrics that definitely belong in your content library – a Slideshare presentation from enterprise software giant SAP containing 102 slides with eminently PowerPoint-able and tweetable statistics on all manner of factoids grouped under the title of “99 Facts on the Future of Business.”
The deck was posted on October 3 and already has had over 100,000 views.
One reason why I think this excellent collection of metrics is one that I wouldn’t hesitate using is two-fold:
- Who it’s from. Earned reputation like that takes time to build and continually guard. People in SAP have done good work in this regard.
- Every one of the metrics slides has a credible source cited.
If you download the PDF version of the deck, you’ll find each of the slides is tweetable, like this one:
“70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels he or she is being treated” #FutureofBiz http://t.co/zTqWDmFaxx #SAP99Facts
— Neville Hobson (@jangles) October 20, 2013
Definitely a worthwhile addition to your armoury of facts.
- FIR Interview: Robert Scoble and Shel Israel, authors of Age of Context
- The state of the social web according to GlobalWebIndex
- Foundations for evolving relationships between people and machines
- FIR Speakers and Speeches: Brian Solis at The B2B Huddle in London
- Fifteen big trends for the evolving digital age
Business metrics from SAP to get excited about http://t.co/D71DsbF8hH
Hobson: Business metrics from SAP to get excited about: Metrics, facts, opinion and forecasts are all part of … http://t.co/S6Nwu6FxeU
Business metrics from SAP to get excited about http://t.co/hvuW6mPdex
Nice list of facts – these are pretty interesting.
Thanks @jangles for pointing out these useful stats: Business metrics from SAP to get excited about http://t.co/YdQkUg3mub
RT @horatiumocian: Thanks @jangles for pointing out these useful stats: Business metrics from SAP to get excited about http://t.co/YdQkUg3m…
Good post. These facts on the future of business are fascinating.