Updated on May 31, 2014
Next year, Shel Holtz and I will celebrate the start of our tenth year as business podcasters when we publish a milestone-date episode on January 2, 2014.
For Immediate Release: The Hobson and Holtz Report was our start on January 5, 2005 with a single podcast that, today, has become the anchor for a network of business podcasts embracing niche topics that appeal to communicators and others outside that broad profession, in different countries around the world.
We’re thrilled that Ron and Andrea want to be part of the FIR Podcast Network, sharing their knowledge and insights with the global FIR community, in addition to their own communities.
Now, for the first time, I’ll describe what FIR looks like today:
- FIR: The Hobson and Holtz Report – a weekly 90-minute show with Neville Hobson in the UK and Shel Holtz in the USA published every Monday with commentary and opinion at the intersection of online communication, business and technology.
- FIR Interviews with newsmakers and influencers from the business, technology and organizational communication worlds.
- FIR Book Reviews aligned with our theme of PR/communications and the online world, managed by Bob LeDrew, our Book Reviews editor
- FIR Speakers and Speeches – occasional podcasts of speeches, keynote addresses, breakout sessions, and other recordings from meetings and conferences of interest to PR and communication professionals.
- FIR Live – an occasional 60-minute live video show via Google+ Hangouts On Air that focuses on a single topic, typically with a panel, in which we invite real-time conversation with callers and guests.
- FIR Cuts – occasional clips from the virtual cutting room floor of The Hobson and Holtz Report.
- FIR On Strategy with Andrea Vascellari – a weekly business podcast with Andrea Vascellari in Finland who offers you guidelines and tips to help you plan, execute and manage your strategic communication plans.
- TV @ Work – veteran Canadian communicator Ron Shewchuck presents an audio show about using video to engage employees.
I’d like to thank our two sponsors – Ragan Communications, sponsor of everything; and CustomScoop, sponsor of The Hobson and Holtz Report – for their commitment and integration into the shows and into the FIR community.
And by the way, the FIR Community is a tangible thing – check out The FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Coming soon is a new survey of FIR listeners. It’s been a long time since we published the results of a listener survey and, as FIR evolves, it’s time for a new one. News on that next week.
Finally, here’s an opportunity for you.
Do you have an idea for a business podcast that crosses that broad intersection of business, communication and technology? Do you have one? Would you like to extend your reach across North America, Europe and Asia? Would you make a good fit with the FIR Podcast Network?
Business podcasting – FTW!