The email said, “We have a paying subscriber base of around 550,000 and 1.2 million readers so do expect an increase in visitors – make sure you put your wittiest, wisest comments up around then!”
These were the words of Katy Bravery, editor of Saga magazine, in an email to let me know that this blog, NevilleHobson.com, is one of 50 blogs written by bloggers over the age of 50 that are included in a feature in the September 2013 edition of the magazine, out from today.
“50 Bloggers Over 50” presents concise descriptions of Saga’s “pick from the best” (as they say), divided in categories that include culture, politics, food and drink, history, and the all-embracing ‘personal.’
It’s quite flattering to be included by Saga and presented to an audience that may not be that new to me as I’m right in the age group Saga serves – those aged 50 and over – with its array of services that include insurance, travel, financial services, healthcare and cruises. Plus the monthly magazine.
Here’s how Saga’s listing describes this blog:
Neville describes his blog as being at ‘the intersection of business, communication and technology. And shiny new objects.’ As that final sentence suggests, all this is explained in terms we regular folk can understand.
If you’re visiting this blog having read the feature in September’s Saga magazine, welcome! Let me guide you to a few things that might interest you while you’re here:
- The Saga description is accurate on what I write about here – topics that are broadly to do with business, communication and technology. I don’t write for a specific age group and you won’t find much about sport or gardening, but a lot about PR and the social web. In short, topics related to business, communication and technology that might interest you whatever your age or your gender.
- The ‘About‘ page will tell you a bit more about who I am and what I do.
- The drop-down menus called ‘Categories’ and ‘Archives’ on the right of your screen (or scroll down to them if you’re reading this on a mobile device) are your access to content I’ve written here since 2006 categorized by specific topic and dated by month. Also see the word cloud – the bigger the word, the more posts on that topic. And of course, the search box.
- If you’re interested in listening to content, I co-host a weekly business podcast, For Immediate Release: The Hobson and Holtz Report, published on Mondays. There are also occasional podcasts that are book reviews, interviews with interesting people and recordings of speakers at events. Why not give one a try?
- If you have a tablet like an iPad, you might like to read my Flipboard magazine that contains a wide range of articles on contemporary topics that I find interesting. You might, too.
- If you’re on Twitter, Facebook or Google+, we can connect there too if you’d like to do that. Or you can just follow if you prefer. I’m also on Instagram and post smartphone snapshots there.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy your visit. Let me know if you do (or even if you don’t).