At the Social Media Marketing and Measurement 2011 conference in London last month, I sat down with Gemma Screen of SiftMedia who interviewed me about social media and PR for the MyCustomer.com website.
That interview is now published; click the link or the image to go to MyCustomer.com to see the video. It runs 7 minutes and 38 seconds.
These are the questions Gemma asked me:
- As an early adopter of social media, are there any mistakes you witnessed from the early days that are still common?
- How has social media changed the way that journalists, PR professionals and corporate communications teams work together?
- One of the tenets of social business is transparency. What challenges is this presenting PR/comms and their traditional roles?
- What are the best applications of social media you’ve seen for internal communications?
- What advice do you have for firms that are planning to produce and distribute policies/guidelines for using social media?
- What particular brands have caught your eye in terms of their application of social media?
- How do you envisage social media adoption developing in the future?
- It’s time to experiment – video interview with PeerIndex about digital, social media, public relations and more, published on Sept 27, 2011.
Q. Which institutions do you feel are being left behind when they really ought to embrace social media in their PR?