At the Social Media Marketing and Measurement 2011 conference in London last month, I sat down with Gemma Screen of SiftMedia who interviewed me about social media and PR for the MyCustomer.com website.
That interview is now published; click the link or the image to go to MyCustomer.com to see the video. It runs 7 minutes and 38 seconds.
These are the questions Gemma asked me:
- As an early adopter of social media, are there any mistakes you witnessed from the early days that are still common?
- How has social media changed the way that journalists, PR professionals and corporate communications teams work together?
- One of the tenets of social business is transparency. What challenges is this presenting PR/comms and their traditional roles?
- What are the best applications of social media you’ve seen for internal communications?
- What advice do you have for firms that are planning to produce and distribute policies/guidelines for using social media?
- What particular brands have caught your eye in terms of their application of social media?
- How do you envisage social media adoption developing in the future?