Content Summary: A panel of social media veterans discuss whether Facebook is a viable alternative for traditional websites and where Facebook fits into the branding and marketing mix.
- Steve Rubel, Senior VP and Director of Insights, Edelman Digital, who wrote about the trend in his March column for Forbes.com.
- Scott Monty, head of social media at Ford Motor Company, which used traditional advertising to drive consumers to a Ford Explorer page on Facebook.
- Jennifer Cohen, co-founder and president of Something Creative LLC, which guided a Facebook-focused campaign for a popular brand (which Jennifer discussed in a recent FIR interview).
- Dominic Sparkes, founder and Managing Director of Tempero, Europeâ€™s leading interactive community management company, which teamed with iPlatform to launch Conversocial, the first tool to allow full management and tracking of Facebook page activity.
Plus, our listeners who called in to the live show with commentary as well as those in conversation in the FIR Live chat room at BlogTalk Radio: see those additional perspective on the discussion in the conversation and questions (PDF, opens in new tab/window) from the chat room.
Get FIR Live:
- Download the MP3 file (24.5Mb, 61:14)
- Subscribe to the FIR RSS feed
- Get the show at iTunes
- Get the new FIR app for your iPhone
You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 3 minutes / 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show. To receive all For Immediate Release podcasts including the twice-weekly Hobson & Holtz Report, subscribe to the full RSS feed.
This FIR Live Call-In episode is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.