Content Summary: According to Time To Rethink Your Corporate Blogging Ideas, a new report from Forrester Research principal analyst and Groundswell co-author Josh Bernoff, corporate blogs rank at the bottom of the trust scale with only 16% of online US consumers who read them saying that they trust them. Why people donâ€™t trust corporate blogs, what to do about it, the differences between trust and effectiveness, and tips for successful business blogging are among the key topics discussed by the panel.
The FIR Live Panel (plus FIRâ€™s Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz):
- Rick Murray, President, Edelman Digital
- Max Kalehoff, Vice President Marketing, Clickable Inc
- Josh Bernoff, Vice President and Senior Analyst, Forrester Research
- Lionel Menchaca, Chief Blogger, Direct2Dell
- Stephen Baker, BusinessWeek writer and author
- John Cass, marketer and author
Additional perspectives on the panel discussion:
- Part of the text conversation and questions (plain-text file, opens in new tab/window) in the FIR Live chat room at BlogTalk Radio
- Recorded: live blogging session by Bryan Person
- Recorded: live blogging session by Krishna De
Get FIR Live:
- Download the MP3 file (27.8Mb, 60:40)
- Subscribe to the FIR RSS feed
- Get the show at iTunes
Share your comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for future shows, in the FIR FriendFeed Room. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; call the Comment Line at +1 206 222 2803 (North America), +44 20 8133 9844 (Europe), or Skype: fircomments; comment at Twitter: twitter.com/FIR or at Jaiku: fir.jaiku.com. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 3 minutes / 5Mb attachment, please!). Weâ€™ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
To receive all For Immediate Release podcasts including the twice-weekly Hobson & Holtz Report, subscribe to the full RSS feed.
This FIR Live Call-In episode is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shelâ€™s and my podcast blog.)
[…] Neville Hobson on the other hand looked at the findings analysed by Forrester Research which state that “corporate blogs rank at the bottom of the trust scale with only 16% of online US consumers who read them saying that they trust them”. Trust building and efficiency are corporate key aims in today’s shaky markets – but is anyone still wondering why they have gone lost in the first place? And when exactly did it happen? […]