Weâ€™re excited to announce an FIR Listener Contest where two listeners to the premier PR podcast can win a free ticket to go to one of two terrific events:
Web 2.0 Expo Europe in Berlin, Germany, on October 21-23, 2008 â€“ the 3-day conference and exhibition for designers and developers, product managers, entrepreneurs, VCs, marketers, business strategists and anyone passionate about creating a better web ecosystem. Free entry to all conference sessions, workshops and the expo (ticket value â‚¬1,300).
Online Video for Organizational Communications 2008 in Los Angeles, USA, on November 11, 2008 – find out how forward-thinking organizations are integrating online video communications into their public relations, corporate communications, and marketing efforts in this informative one-day conference. Free entry to all sessions (ticket value $550).
What is the Contest?
- Itâ€™s simple â€“ create a video that conveys a thought, a concept, an idea in an imaginative way.
- The video can be as long or as short as you wish, and you can use any tool you like to create it â€“ seesmic, Qik, Kyte, Vimeo, 12seconds.tv, Utterli, YouTube, etc.
- Then, publish your video online and email the link to us at fircomments [at] gmail [dot] com. Do not send us your video, just a link to where it is online.
Send in your entries by 4.30pm UK time on Monday October 6.
See the short list of rules, below.
Hereâ€™s the announcement video on seesmic today:
Contest Rules and How To Enter
- There is no entry cost to the contest. In other words, itâ€™s free to enter.
- The contest is open to entries until Monday October 6, 2008, at 4.30pm UK time.
- In your email with a link to your published video, please provide your name, your email address and your location (country and city). You can also submit any other information youâ€™d like to tell us, eg, your Twitter ID, but itâ€™s not required to enter.
- Unless you indicate otherwise in your entry or email, we will assume a geographical bias: entries from the Americas are for the US conference, entries from the rest of the world are for the European conference.
- The two winners will be announced in the FIR episode on Thursday October 9, 2008.
- We will not use any personal information in your email for any purpose other than related to this contest. And no one other than the judges (Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz) will see it.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes and contest winners are responsible for their own costs of travel, accommodation, etc, as well as any necessary permissions, eg, visas.
- By entering this contest, you give us the right to make use of your video in any way we decide in connection with the FIR podcast series. We are more than happy to exercise any right under a Creative Commons license.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law. Contest entrants are responsible for determining their eligibility to enter.
- The judgesâ€™ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about any entry.
(Cross-posted from For Immediate release, Shelâ€™s and my podcast blog.)