Itâ€™s all of that so a usual bank holiday experience :)
So as Iâ€™m in the holiday spirit too, and not writing much in this blog before Tuesday, Iâ€™m taking the opportunity to concisely wrap up some thoughts on a few things.
- Enjoying Blip.FM, a new discovery courtesy of Bernie Goldbach. I often have music playing in the background but usually from my own library served from a 500-gig network hard drive. A music social network is a bit of a different approach so happy to discover. Chris Hambly has a good review of Blip.FM although not everyone likes it.
- Wondering how PA Consulting, the firm at the heart of the latest loss of personal data, will address the reputation impact of this scandal. Not a word on their own website (itâ€™s the weekend and a holiday one at that: whoâ€™s paying attention?), and just look at what you get if you do a simple search on Google News for â€˜PA Consulting.â€™ Heather Yaxley wonders if the firm knows what PR is about.
- Getting to know agglom, a new web service that lets you (it says here) â€œsave and publish your current web search results or browser session on the web; share them as a multimedia web page, as an RSS feed or as a Web Slideshow.â€ It looks promising as this demo by Thomas Pleil indicates.
- Prepping a review post to go on my tech blog about the 3 Skypephone S2. Itâ€™s an interesting phone although I had a challenging experience, letâ€™s say, when trying to set it up as a data modem when in London on Friday. Thatâ€™ll be in the review, along with a short video showing me starting up the phone, which I hope to get posted on Monday as they want the phone back on Tuesday.
- And discovering another phone â€“ a Nokia E71 which Iâ€™ll be using over the next few weeks. A very different experience than the N95 8GB. One good thing: I have Qik working on this phone.
- Still trying to figure out what the value is of Verisignâ€™s Personal Identity Portal which Iâ€™ve been signed up to for about a year yet never really used. Maybe I just canâ€™t figure it out even with some helpful explanations.
- Thinking about some influencer opinions during the past few days about the value of public relations. First, Jason Calacanisâ€™ 10 tips for CEOs, followed by Loic Lemeurâ€™s different ways to get the news out (to which I offered a video reply).
Well, thatâ€™s enough to be going on with.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!