Hot quote from participant Zena Martin:
If you’re not on Twitter, you’re nowhere!
Yes, we’ve been looking at Twitter, too.
(I’ll be adding to this post later.) Update July 8.
The workshop went well. A great group of participants, lots of questions and discussion. I think everyone went away with lots more questions in their minds. Certainly plenty of food for thought about blogging as a legitimate business communication tool and what it can do for building relationships.
Here’s the presentation I used during the workshop as a means to focus our discussion:
What I found of greater value than the PPT was the discussion that resulted as we went through the content. But a PPT is a useful tool if it does help everyone take part in the discussion.
About a third of our time was spent online which isn’t part of the PPT.
I promised everyone I would post links to all the places we looked at and tools we discussed. Here are those links:
CIPR Training July 7, 2008
How To Blog
Examples of Blogs
- http://www.prvoice.typepad.com/ Lis Lewis-Jones, CIPR President
- https://www.nevillehobson.com/ Neville Hobson’s blog
- http://strivepr.com/notes/ Sherrilynne Starkie, CEO, Strive PR
- http://www.edelman.com/landingblog/ The bloggers at Edelman PR
- http://www.techcrunch.com/ TechCrunch, the most influential business technology blog
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ Aggregator for all BBC public blogs
- http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ 54 reporters and editors who blog at The Daily Telegraph
- http://my.telegraph.co.uk/ The Telegraph’s blog portal for readers
- http://www.iaindale.blogspot.com/ Ian Dale, influential UK political blogger
- http://lordsoftheblog.wordpress.com/ The official blog of the House of Lords
- http://twitter.com/jangles Neville’s Twitter stream
- http://friendfeed.com/ The fast-emerging conversation channel
- http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/ Jonathan Schwartz, CEO, Sun Microsystems
- http://www.blogs.marriott.com/ Bill Marriott, CEO, Marriott Hotels
- http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/ General Motors’ executive blog
- http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/ Phil Mooney, Coca-Cola’s historian/archivist
- https://www.blogger.com/start Blogger hosted blogging
- http://wordpress.com/ WordPress hosted blogging
- http://wordpress.org/ WordPress application for self hosting
- http://www.typepad.com/ TypePad hosted blogging
- http://www.movabletype.org/ Movable Type application for self hosting
- http://www.microsoft.com/Sharepoint/default.mspx Sharepoint services for self hosting
- http://www.forrester.com/Groundswell/index.html Groundswell the book and the blog of the two authors from Forrester research
- http://www.awpagesociety.com/ Arthur W Page Society, authors of the ‘Authentic Enterprise’ report
- http://www.newsgator.com/individuals/feeddemon/default.aspx FeedDemon RSS reader for Windows
- http://www.google.com/reader Google Reader
- http://www.commoncraft.com/ Where to see the series of videos that explain social media in plain English
- http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2004/09/64987 The Kryptonite bike lock controversy
- https://www.nevillehobson.com/2007/09/14/blogs-drive-business-opportunities-uk-survey/ UK business blogging survey
- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/jasnell?entry=blogging_ibm IBM’s blogging guidelines for employees