Content summary: A special live call-in episode, recorded on BlogTalk Radio, featuring a distinguished panel of experts addressing the issue of PR spam.
Listen to FIR now:
Messages from our sponsors: FIR is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years, www.ragan.com; Save time with the CustomScoop online clipping service: sign up for your free two-week trial, at www.customscoop.com/fir.
For Immediate Release: Special Live Call-In Show on PR Spam: A 61-minute podcast recorded live from Concord, California, USA, Wokingham, Berkshire, England, and all points in between courtesy of our panelists and call-in participants.
Panel participants included:
- Jason Falls (moderator), Director of Social Media at Doe-Anderson, a Louisville, Kentucky-based advertising agency
- Susan Getgood, an independent marketing and social media consultant
- Paolina Milana and Catherine Hancock, representing Marketwire
- Ruth McFarland, representing Cision
- William Wagner, representing Vocus
- Stowe Boyd, author of /message and innovator of the Twitpitch
- David Phillips, UK-based PR agency veteran and educator, and frequent FIR correspondent
Share your comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for future shows, in the FIR FriendFeed Room. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; call the Comment Line at +1 206 222 2803 (North America), +44 20 8133 9844 (Europe), or Skype: fircomments; comment at Twitter: twitter.com/FIR or at Jaiku: fir.jaiku.com. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 3 minutes / 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)