To mark the third anniversary of For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report on January 3, we decided to run a contest for listeners where the prize is a free copy of How to Do Everything with Podcasting, the book written by Shel Holtz with Neville Hobson (FIR’s co-presenters) and published last June by McGraw-Hill. The book’s list price is $24.99 / £14.99 / C$29.95.
How to Do Everything with Podcasting walks you step by step through the process of creating, publishing and promoting your own podcast. It includes a substantial business focus that will help you see how businesses can use podcasting as an effective and measurable way to communicate with customers and employees.
There are actually three copies of the book up for grabs, depending on where in the world you are.
We’ve arbitrarily divided the world into three segments – The Americas, Europe and the Rest of the World – and we’re looking to award the book to one winner in each of these areas.
The whole FIR team is behind this contest – Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz, together with FIR correspondents Lee Hopkins, Dan York, David Phillips, Eric Schwartzman and Sallie Goetsch – and will judge each entry.
How to Enter
- Tell us your answer to this simple question:
"I think a podcast will help my organization/my client because..."
- You can communicate your answer to us in English in any way you wish – email, recording (audio or video), comments to this post, whatever way you think is the most effective. Look around this blog for your contact options.
- Submit your answer by the deadline – Friday January 25, 2008 at 6:00pm GMT.
That’s all there is to it.
Of course, there are a couple of little contest rules:
- There is no entry cost to the contest. In other words, it’s free to enter.
- With your entry please provide your name, your email address and your location (country and city). You can also submit any other information you’d like to tell us, eg, your phone number or address, but it’s not required to enter. If you’re a winner, we’ll ask you for that information.
- If your answer is written, please limit your content to 400 words.
- If an audio recording, please submit an MP3 file, maximum length 8 minutes or size 4 megs. If video, do not send the file but tell us where on the net it’s located and we’ll visit it.
- The three winners will be announced in FIR #315 on Thursday January 31, 2008. Copies will be mailed to each winner during the following week (or as soon as we know postal addresses).
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than related to this contest. And no one other than the judges (see above) will see it.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the three prizes.
- By entering this contest, you give us the right to make use of your entry in any way we decide in connection with the FIR podcast series. We are more than happy to exercise any right under a Creative Commons license.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law. Contest entrants are responsible for determining their eligibility to enter.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about any entry.
Listen to episodes of FIR during January as we’ll be talking more about the contest.
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)