I thought I might escape this one, but Martyn Davies tagged me in the ‘Five Things You Don’t Know About Me’ game that’s been doing the rounds of the blogosphere during the past week.
So here goes…
- Not only was I at the premiere in London of the original Star Wars film in December 1977, I went back and saw it again the very next night. Dominion Tottenham Court Road, if my memory serves.
- At boarding school in the UK in the late 60s, caught bringing in illicit booze one weekend. Two bottles of cider which I dropped and broke, thus making discovery inevitable. I was grounded for the whole term. No weekends away, etc. Thus ended a potential career in smuggling.
- The closest I’ve come to death was being caught in a rip tide off Playa Jaco, Costa Rica, in 1985. I almost didn’t make it. My swimming buddy, Norbert La Valle, didn’t.
- When I lived in Sharjah, UAE, in the late 70s, I used to have breakfast every day at the Dubai Intercontinental hotel on Deira side.
- I still have my original Microsoft Network bug-killer t-shirt that Microsoft sent to beta testers after the launch of Windows 95 and the Microsoft Network. Even better: it still fits.