The search is on to find the business leader who can demonstrate outstanding communication leadership for his or her organization.
Nominations are being accepted by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) for the 2007 Excellence in Communication Leadership (EXCEL) Award where nominees meet these criteria:
- Skills: Demonstration of exceptional leadership, management and communication skills
- Diverse communications audience: Experience and involvement in communication with diverse audiences; some experience in communicating with international or multi-cultural audiences is preferred
- Strategy: Use of a communication strategy that demonstrates creativity and innovation and that contributes to the business success of the organization
- Commitment to communication: Commitment to the communication programs of all audiences of the organization â€“ internal and external at local, national, and international levels
- Personal communication: Effective personal communication with all these audiences; i.e., he or she must be shown to participate in communication, not simply to direct the communication staff in their efforts
- Ethics and professionalism in communication: Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
Are you a CEO who can rise to this challenge? If you’re a communicator, does your organization have such a leader?
It’s quite a challenge.
IABC press release: Whoâ€™s the Top CEO Communicator of the Year?