The latest stats on the English-language blogosphere from Technorati show continued growth, maintaining the doubling in size that has been consistent for the past few years:
- Technorati now tracks over 35.3 million blogs (English language)
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 19.4 million bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
Details from David Sifry. His post includes links to previous stats reports going back to 2004.