Among the pile of mail yesterday awaiting my return from the US was a package from Kaplan Publishing containing a copy of Shel Holtz‘ and Ted Demopoulos‘ new book, Blogging for Business: Everything You Need to Know and Why You Should Care.
This is the latest business book on blogging to appear and covers:
- How to tap into the power of blogs and realize profits from them
- How blogs are different from e-zines, websites, and message boards
- Why businesses need to monitor blogs that discuss their products and services
- How a “blog on the inside” can be a company’s most effective knowledge-sharing tool
- Future iterations of blogging, such as podcasts and vlogs
- Legal considerations associated with blogging such as ownership, copyright, liability and censorship
More information on the book blog.
A review coming once I’ve had a chance to read it. Even though Shel’s my podcasting partner, it will be an objective review!
[…] In the context of Edelman, Wal-Mart and bloggers, plenty has been written in the past year on blogs and published as lists in books on blogging about the advantages of disclosure and transparency when reaching out to bloggers. One such list of do’s and dont’s is in the just-published Blogging for Business book (I received a copy the other day), which includes these key points: […]