This page is an entry to articles, reviews, case studies, presentations and downloads which address key elements of social media and organizational communication. Some highlight potential and actual successes enjoyed by companies from that organizational communication perspective.
If you have any questions about usage, please contact me.
Archived Content 2004-2006
- Energizing Internal Communication (PDF) – presentation at Melcrum’s Strategic Communication Management Summit 2006 conference, London, on October 18, 2006.
- “Podcasting in The New PR” presentation at Delivering The New PR conference, Edinburgh, on 13 September 2006. Presentation (PDF) and podcast clips compilation (MP3). Also: podcast with participants and conversation with presenters.
- Communication of The Future (PDF) – keynote presentation at “The Web of Tomorrow” conference on 5 September 2006 in Stockholm, Sweden. Conference organized by IBC Euroforum.
- “Podcasting in The New PR” presentation at Delivering The New PR conference, London, on 12 May 2006. PPT, two versions – with embedded audio (65Mb file) and without audio (2.5Mb); plus the podcast (MP3) of interviews with five conference participants
- Blending New Communication and MSM (PPT) – concise intro slides for the panel discussion at the New Communications Forum 2006, Palo Alto, California, on 3 March 2006
- Podcasting 101 workshop (PPT) at the New Communications Forum 2006 on 1 March 2006; plus the podcast (MP3) workshop participants produced at the end of the workshop
- The Giant Global Focus Group: Opportunities and Challenges for Communicators (PPT) – concise intro slides for the plenary session panel discussion at the IABC EuroComm 2005 conference, Paris, on 1 December 2005
- The New Media Ecosystem: Conversations, Influence and You (PPT) – presentation to CIB/IABC UK, London, on 3 November 2005
- The New Media Ecosystem: Conversations, Influence and You (PDF) – presentation to FEIEA, Brussels, on 20 October 2005
- Public Relations in the Blogosphere (PPT) – presentation at Eday conference, Amsterdam, on 12 October 2005; plus streaming video of presentation
- Podcasting for Business (PDF) – presentation at PodcastCon UK, London, on 17 September 2005; plus podcast clips (MP3) used in session
- Using Weblogs, Wikis and RSS to Enhance Employee Engagement (PPT) – workshop presentation at the New Communications Forum 2005, Napa, California, on 26 January 2005
Articles, Reviews and Case Studies
Is it Time You Got a Second Life?
How to Understand the Conversational Era of Communication – a review of “Naked Conversations”
The GM FastLane Blog – the poster child for executive blogs
Podcasting – Adding the human and informal touch
The influence of voice – podcasting within the organization
The days are numbered for ‘gatekeeper’ journalism
Yes, You Can Get Out of The Twilight Zone