Neville Hobson: Entrepreneurial Business Communicator.
With over 25 years’ experience in public relations, marketing communication, employee, compensation and benefits communication, and investor relations, Neville also brings a decade’s practical experience with digital and social media for business with an extensive presence and influence across the social web.
Neville has diverse international experience from living and working across continental Europe, in the Middle East and in Latin America. In addition to English, he’s a fluent Spanish speaker.
Over the past decade, he has analysed and discussed trends, behaviours and practices in digital communication to help individuals and organizations understand what they mean for people and business (details on LinkedIn). He has worked with organizations of all shapes and sizes; and worked alongside a number of small- to medium-size PR agencies and management consultancies, usually behind the scenes in support of their client communication planning and execution.
He’s a co-founder of new-media start-ups. He co-founded The B2B Huddle series of one-day events in 2009; and co-founded the FIR Podcast Network series of business podcasts including its anchor podcast, “For Immediate Release: The Hobson and Holtz Report,” a weekly show he has co-presented since January 2005. He is a frequent keynote speaker and presenter at public business conferences and other events in the UK, continental Europe and the USA.
In January 2014, Cision ranked Neville’s blog the “number 1 PR blog in the UK” for the second year running.
Neville is based in Wokingham, Berkshire, some 35 miles west of London.
Primary contact info:
A Few Additional Notes…
- I am a founding Senior Research Fellow and Advisory Board member of the Society for New Communications Research, a California-based non-profit think tank. SNCR is dedicated to the advanced study of new communications tools, technologies and emerging modes of communication, and their effect on traditional media, professional communications, business, culture and society.
- For over 20 years I was an accredited member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). My volunteerism activities between 1989 and 2012 include serving as IABC’s Regional Director in Europe, as a Member of the International Executive Board and Executive Committee, as a Gold Quill Award judge, as a European Accreditation examiner, a contributor to Communication World magazine, and as a producer and presenter of Cafe2Go podcasts.
- During the past decade, I’ve co-authored one book: How To Do Everything With Podcasting with my podcasting partner Shel Holtz, published by McGraw-Hill in 2007; and contributed the introductory chapter to The Social Media MBA: Your Competitive Edge in Social Media Strategy Development and Delivery, published by Wiley in 2012.
- In 2012, I co-led the CIPR’s initial outreach to the Wikimedia Foundation in the UK, leading to the development of the first version of the CIPR’s Wikipedia guidance for PR professionals by the CIPR’s Social Media Panel.
- I’m also an occasional reviewer of gadgets and gizmos, apps and experiences. A test pilot of shiny new objects, as it were.
Everything you read here represents my own personal views and has nothing to do with any organization with whom I have a business or professional relationship, unless stated otherwise, and for which I take responsibility. Note, though, that comments on blog posts or submitted to a podcast I present or co-present, are the views and opinions of the commenters for which they take responsibility. See also the terms and conditions of use.
Thanks for visiting this website. Please feel free to join in or start a conversation in any of the blog posts you read; or reach out and connect, either directly or via any of the places you’ll find me across the social web.
[Text updated: June 15, 2014.]