- What: A 60-minute panel discussion
- When: Thursday August 14, 2014 starting at 11:00 EDT | 16:00 BST | 17:00 CET
- Where: Google+ Hangout On Air via the FIR Events page
The web demands speed in publishing content, but if your markets include multiple languages, translation can keep you from posting quickly. Among the many problems technology has tackled, translation remains one that still requires time and expertise.
If you have specific questions about language translation in the PR and communication contexts, be sure to share it on the FIR Podcast Community on Google+, or leave it as a comment to this post, so we can raise it during the discussion.
We’re still working on fleshing out the panel, but so far our guests include…
- Renato Beninatto, chief marketing officer for language translation company Moravia. He is the co-founder of the first market research company focusing on language services. He was president and currently serves as an adviser to the European Language Industry Association, and is a board member of Translators without Borders.
- Iris Orriss, head of localization for Facebook, is also a board member at Translators without Borders. Formerly director of the business platform division international team at Microsoft, she brings more than a decade of localization-related engineering and managerial experience to her work.
- Kevin Watson is a research editor for MultiLingual Computing and Technology.
The live panel will begin at 11:00 EDT | 16:00 BST | 17:00 CET on Thursday, August 14. See you there!