A question I used to hear a lot from people in business is “How do I tweet?” Today, that question has evolved into “How do I tweet effectively for my business?”
The response is quite a bit deeper than answering the question purely in terms of writing out a text in 140 characters or less and hitting ‘tweet.’ Participating on Twitter is as much about listening to what people are saying as it it about adding your tweet to the conversation. Twitter itself has some great how-tos and tutorials.
It’s also about what to say and when to say it, two topics that are the focus of a neat video that Twitter has just published. Simple in its concept and execution, this video is one of the best I’ve seen that will give you a good and clear sense of some simple steps you can follow that will give you confidence in using Twitter effectively in your business communication.
The video will help you understand these five key points:
- Make a plan: what’s your goal and how will you measure its success?
- Be clear on who your primary audience is: in this case, your customers.
- Create a calendar: decide what you’ll tweet on which day.
- Think about what you’ll tweet: is the content relevant to your audience?
- When people in your community respond or ask questions, make sure you reply.
And the best advice of all:
How you tweet and how you respond to your followers matter as much as face-to-face interaction. So be friendly, be helpful and be yourself.
Using Twitter effectively in business may not be a science. But it is an art.