Content summary: Shel and Neville in NYC in June; Lee Hopkins and Allan Jenkins podcast; FIR shwaggers photos; update on Josh Hallett’s MP3s from the Syndicate conference; Hill & Knowlton’s blogger relations campaign for LG; the Waxxi experience; the first FIR Skypecast on June 1; Lee Hopkins reports; Ed Keller’s keynote at Beyond Blogging 2006; PR Week/MS&L marketing survey results; David Philips reports from Estonia; Edelman/Technorati collaboration on the international blogosphere; listeners’ comments discussion (Slate.com’s textcasts, Diggnation’s Podshow dig); FIR listener survey; FIR Frappr community update; Dan York guest co-presenter on the next show; Neville speaking at Podcastday 2006 in Cologne; the music.
Show notes for May 22, 2006
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, an 83-minute podcast recorded live from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and Concord, California, USA.
Download the file here (MP3, 34MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you’ll also need a podcatcher such as Juice, DopplerRadio, iTunes or Yahoo! Podcasts, or an RSS aggregator that supports podcasts such as FeedDemon).
Listen to this podcast now:
In This Edition:
- 00:26 Neville introduces the show; what FIR is about; Lee Hopkins‘ and Allan Jenkins‘ new podcast
- 03:48 Shel and Neville in New York at the Corante Innovative Marketing Conference on June 8 & 9 – want to meet up?
- 05:50 Luke Armour graduation photo; Phil Gomes in an FIR t-shirt
News and Commentary:
- 07:01 Update on Josh Hallett and the pulled MP3s from the Syndicate conference
- 15:54 Niall Cook reports on Hill & Knowlton’s blogger relations campaign for LG and Stephen Davies peer reviews it
- 22:38 Shel joined the first Waxxi “live” podcast experience with Shel Israel and Robert Scoble – we can do the same without Waxxi: join the first FIR Skypecast on June 1
- 32:14 From Our Correspondent Down Under: Lee Hopkins – clippings from the BetterComms garden: OneNote2007 will also fully support blogging; the JPSP reports on teasing and finds it’s not as funny as you think; Jenkins and I have a chat over at the Better Desirable Roasted Communications Cafe; and a very warm welcome to Nathan Reeve
- 38.59 Ed Keller’s keynote at Beyond Blogging 2006
- 43:06 Highlights from the PRWeek/MS&L Marketing Management Survey published today
- 48:21 David Phillips reports from the ‘Marketing Without Words‘ conference in Tallinn, Estonia
- 57:01 Richard Edelman’s four points on the Edelman/Technorati collaboration on blog analytics in foreign languages; Edelman could acquire Technorati, suggests Stowe Boyd
Listeners’ Comments Discussion:
- 67:26 Mike McClary says Slate.com has started producing a “textcast” for its daily Today’s Papers
- 69:10 Clarence Jones sends in a humorous 40-second audio on Adam Curry‘s Podshow from this week’s Diggnation
- 71:41 Shel wraps the show; let us know your views about today’s discussions; how and where to send your comments; where to find the show notes; FIR listener survey full report will be posted by the end of May; update on the FIR Frappr community
- 75:32 Thursday’s show will be co-hosted with Dan York as Neville’s in London at the AMEC Forum
- 76:50 Neville’s off to Cologne tomorrow for Podcastday 2006: listen out for mashups!
- 79:08 Outro podsafe music from the Podsafe Music Network – Little Secret by Julie Gribble
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show are posted to the FIR Show Links pages at The New PR Wiki. You can contribute – see the home page for info.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at [email protected]; or call the Comment Line at +1 206 222 2803 or Skype fircomments. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 3 minutes / 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Thursday, May 25…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel’s and my podcast blog.)